Who am I?

Hello. My name is Sara Large. I am a student at The University of South Alabama. My major is elementary education and plan to begin teaching in 2010. I have one daughter. Her name is Caroline Elisabeth and between her and her father Nick I have everything I need to make me happy. I love to spend time with my family as well as playing soccer and being involved in my community. My life is very busy, but I couldn't picture my life any differently than it is. Thanks for viewing my blog and please come back and see me!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Technology in the Classroom?

I remember when I was in elementary school. We didn’t have many computers around. We had a computer lab, but it was nothing like the ones around now! It is amazing how time has changed so fast. To better prepare my students for the future ahead I will make sure I get them familiar with technology. I have found a wonderful website that can help you incorporate technology into your classroom. http://www.4teachers.org/, is a great resource to teachers! The future doctors, lawyers, college professors, and even restaurant managers could very will be in my elementary class. All of these occupations get great assistance from technology and the internet. What better way to prepare the future generation then through technology!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think computers in a classroom is something that every classroom needs. Since I was in elementary school computers have changed so much. Some of my classrooms didn't even have computers in them until I was on up in elementary school. Now days every room has a computer. Children today know more about computers than most adults do. Having computers in school and using technology in the classroom will help students expand the way they learn. It will help students in the long run to have experience with computers because most jobs today require you to konw about computers.